Jurnal Parhesia is one of the journals managed by the Department of Criminal Law, Faculty of Law, University of Mataram, which was published for the first time in 2023. Jurnal Parhesia is a scientific journal published online and publishes articles or papers resulting from research in Criminal Law. This scientific publication ethics statement is a statement of the ethical code of all parties involved in the publication process of this scientific journal, namely managers, editors, reviewer partners, and authors (authors). The Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications essentially upholds three ethical values in publication, namely (i) Neutrality, namely freedom from conflicts of interest in publication management; (ii) Justice, namely granting authorship rights to those entitled to be authors; and (iii) Honesty, namely free from duplication, fabrication, falsification and plagiarism in publications.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Managers
- Determine the journal's name, scientific scope, periodicity, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine the membership of the editorial board.
- Define the relationship between publishers, editors, reviewer partners, and other parties in a contract.
- Respect confidential matters for contributing researchers, authors/writers, editors, and reviewer partners.
- Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyrights.
- Review journal policies and submit them to authors/writers, the board of editors, reviewer partners, and readers.
- Create code of conduct guides for editors and reviewer partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Guarantee the availability of funding sources for the continuation of journal publication.
- Build a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Preparing permits and other legal aspects.
Editor Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet the needs of readers and authors/writers,
- Endeavor to improve the quality of publications sustainably,
- Implement a process to ensure the quality of published papers,
- Prioritize freedom of opinion objectively,
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record,
- Delivering corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies when necessary,
- Responsible for the style and format of the written work, while the contents and all statements in the written work are the responsibility of the author/author,
- Actively solicit the opinions of authors, readers, reviewer partners, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications,
- Encouraging an assessment of the journal if there are findings,
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an Ethical Clearance form that the Ethics Clearance Commission has approved,
- Support initiatives to educate researchers on publication ethics,
- Assess the effect of publication policies on the attitudes of authors/writers and reviewer partners and improve them to increase responsibility and reduce mistakes,
- Have an open mind to new opinions or other people's views that may conflict with personal opinions,
- Not defending one's own opinion, the author or a third party which may result in an objective decision,
- Encouraging authors/writers to improve their written works to be worthy of publication.
Duties and Responsibilities of Reviewer Partners
- Receiving assignments from the editor to review written works and submit the results of the review to the editor as material for determining the feasibility of a written work for publication.
- Reviewers may not conduct a review of written works that involve themselves, either directly or indirectly
- Maintain the privacy of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, input and recommendations
- Encouraging authors/writers to make improvements to written works
- Re-examine the written work that has been corrected according to predetermined standards.
- Papers are reviewed promptly according to the style of the publication environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author legality, conclusions, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities of Author/Writer
- Ensure that those included in the list of authors/writers meet the criteria as authors/writers.
- Take collective responsibility for the article's work and contents, including methods, analysis, calculations and details.
- State the origin of resources (including funding) directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations of the research
- Respond to comments made by reviewer partners in a professional and timely manner.
- Inform the editor if he will withdraw his written work.
- Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, has never been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher